What gives with all this trauma tripe? Here we have the police of countries telling all and sundry how traumatized they are when they discover that people really do commit crimes. It's not just the police - it's anyone involved in the business which you would actually expect trauma to occur. They are supposed to cope with it. Now they probably need counselling and best of all - compensation. How about the woman who received a giant handout for being catcalled when she frisked male(men - what is a fucking male? A kangaroo?) prisoners. Oh but how can they -- blub,blub,blub = money. It makes you wonder what is going on in the world -soft,soppy,and blame everyone else for everything. I mean is it only me but has anyone else noticed that on programs such as 911 it's usually the bystanders who leap fearlessly forth. It's almost as if the usual rescue services have all turned into ninnie goats. I think I need counselling - maybe even compensation - fuck you mean there is a real world? Shit ,there's me thinking it was all happiness and parties and bad things only happen on tv.
That reminds me(never mind that the last sentence was a conclusion) - has anyone noticed how the medical profession is now hell bent on maximum pain and suffering. I only ask because if there happens to be anything around that actually works then under no circumstances whatsoever must we use it - in case it becomes ADDICTIVE.
My wife suffers from migraines -sometimes really,really bad. Under that kind of intense pain she would visit the doctor and receive an injection and that was usually the end of it. Now she gets told that because the medication could be addictive they will use something else and guess what?It costs the same and does FUCKALL. If these pricks had to give moneyback guarantees they would die in seconds. There are exceptions - met a great doc once -he just said if you need it you need it. I mean I am not talking about the fact that we shouldn't immerse ourselves in drugs just to get through the day - that's just weakness. What I am talking about is something far more insiduous. I had a friend who suffered from hayfever. He was going through a really bad phase of it in the UK. His usual medication - available in SA was no longer available in the UK on the grounds that it actually worked (I don't know what shit they had come up with). So, after endless visits to doctors and doctor friends ,he still had hayfever. Then he had the misfortune to have to fly(I mean flying is bad enough) and of course he really suffered - but fuck that's not relevant - let's stick to the latest moralising horseshit. I like Argentina - When I was in Buenos Aires they handed me sulphonamides over the counter. I tried that in the UK(Nannyland). Fuck,they nearly had a fit. "We can't POSSIBLY give you that - (hyperventilating in the meanwhile). And then when I pointed out that is wasn't actually an antibiotic they went even more ballistic - "But it's a SULPHONAMIDE" You know anyone would think I had asked for nitroglycerine or something.
Yeah, now I am doubly traumatized. Every sentence uttered in the UK is punctuated by a sharp intake of breath . Hardly credible that the UK ruled huge sections of the globe once. Now look at them. To be fair some vestiges of common sense remain. They are not TOTALLY fucked, only partially.
Wednesday, 14 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment