Wednesday, 16 April 2008

I suppose you must know

So -here we go on yet another time wasting journey into the realms of chatland. Who am I? As I can make out this is more or less the "cv". Born of real parents, descending through the years to increasing levels of self -inflicted poverty(squander) - I speak English, not TV American, this means I use words and phrases such as Manageress, Chairman, your Highness(not your highperson), Authoress, Mankind and all manner of scary things. To me a Waitron is a subatomic particle, Humankind refers to the designated target derisively pointed out by the alien starfleet commander just prior to the planned invasion of earth, gender relates to grammar, unlike sex which refers to real people. Firefighter relates to someone called in to rectify a crisis in top management, A chairperson is a sneak thief specializing in stealing chairs whilst board meetings are in progress." Thats 'im officer, Ged im,' e's the one wot pinched the chairs". These politically correct words originate in the United States, home of the brave but perpetually afraid. Never have I seen people so afraid - in spite of all that bragado. Cannot handle the real world.There ARE real problems out there - not that you would notice - the torrent of non-problems competing for your attention is mindboggling. Oh ,and I am an arch conservative. I prefer wood panelled stuffy interiors to "that bright cheerful continental look" . You know that homeless, chromium finished(you don't get real chrome thanks to the penny pinching bastards that run the show), square rigged in all corners, idiot ornament expresso bar styled tripe. I prefer to look well dressed,even in the desert. I prefer women to look like such, Men to act accordingly. I don't worry about gays but do resent their pathetic attempts to normalize their behaviour. I believe in marriage and family, have values I don't always adhere to. I believe the phrase "lifestyle choice" is an excuse for doing the wrong thing and hoping to get away with it. I think modern cars are cheap plastic imitations of real cars. I regret the passing of the Liner era, love trains and hate the flying experience(hated word) unless upgraded to first class where the indifference of passengers to no smoking signs(at least before that become such a big deal and is now regarded as the crime of the century along with breathing, thinking etc), calls to return to their seat just prior to landing is stunning and heartening to see.

I dont' really believe in God but am convinced he should make a comeback soon - anyway you will get the gist from all the posts on just about everything I hope to get busy with. I am tired and need to work myself up to generate something worthwhile

No comments: